For the lover of interior design...

Welcome and thank you for visiting.

To my blog followers, I thank you for your support.

My ‘Design Desire’ blog is aiming to share my interior design knowledge with anyone who is interested in the subject. Also available in Malay translation (2011 – 2015). I hope you will follow my DESIGN DESIRE journey...

If you like to work with me, simply visit my interior design website and please contact me.


DESIGN DESIRE TOPIC OF THE WEEK:


Saturday 31 October 2015

INTERIOR DESIGN 'MAMA CELESSE' CUSHION COVER

Dear wonderful readers...

This is an exciting month for me... 

I'm releasing my first cushion cover collection and guess what? Dunia Magazine, who have always been good to me, is the first to release an article about Mama Celesse collection.

Here you are as taken from the magazine.

Enjoy reading.




Nik A Ramli announces New Collection “Mama Celesse”, discusses inspiration behind cushion covers


PRESS RELEASE

Nik A Ramli is delighted to introduce a new bespoke limited edition collection of illustrated cushion covers printing throughout 2015 – 2016.

The collection comprises two designs simply called ‘Mama Celesse – Sensual with Hat’, ‘Mama Celesse – Beautiful Face’ with three different colours schemes for each range. This is the first new collection by Nik.

The designs and hue have been carefully selected to create a colourful front, which adds a sense of fun and play: A simple idea that creates a smile and a point of conversation.

‘Mama Celesse’ is constructed of linen weight synthetic fabric which is very similar in appearance to a natural linen fabric with its slubbed textured surface, they are printed on one side with a plain cream back. They are finished with envelope fastening with labels to the bottom right hand side. Key colours from the distinctive bright block palette have been used such as yellow, orange, black, dark green, pink, navy, red, bright green and bright blue.

The delightful covers definitely add an artistic individuality for the design conscious and taste makers. ‘Mama Celesse’ can be used independently or in combination, in glamorous or informal interior design schemes. These stylish, eye catching and vibrant cushion covers will keep you company all year round and through all seasons. They are ready for day to day home living and yes, also a perfect gift!

DUNIA MAGAZINE caught up with one of our favorite designers and authors Nik A Ramli on the heels of this announcement for a quick chat:




Why the name ‘Mama Celesse’?

The name has been playing in my mind, believe it or not, since 1987! One evening, I was home alone watching TV, in my own world not really concentrating on the screen and the phrase “MAMA would not like this would she?” came to mind.

To add rhythm and groove I added ‘Celesse’. The name kept on popping up in my conversations when I am having a laugh, whether it’s about a baby’s name, a friend’s outfit, anything light-hearted really.

So when I was creating my first design theme for the cushion cover collection (produced in the United Kingdom), the name was right up there on my list.

So, let me introduce you to ‘Mama Celesse’. Or should I say ‘Mama Celesse – Sensual With Hat’ and ‘Mama Celesse – Beautiful Face’.

What’s the inspiration behind the designs?

I love cushions and there are so many great designs out there but I haven’t always found the right design(s) for every setting so I decided to design produce my own design. 

The inspiration started off with the lips. It had to be attractive and sensual. That’s the key! As it happens, when I was a child my family always made fun of my big lips!

At the beginning of the design I worked with a lot of colour combinations playing with various design themes and sketches. I was aiming for something slightly abstract, not photorealistic. 

I’m very pleased with the final out come. Still, luscious lips alone would not be enough to do justice to ‘Mama Celesse’! She has to be vibrant and cheerful, to attract people’s attention. 

The designs and hues have been carefully selected to create a colourful front, which adds a sense of fun and play: A simple idea that creates a smile and a point of conversation. 

I wanted the cushion covers to look stylish, eye catching and vibrant. ‘Mama Celesse’ will keep you company all year round and through all seasons and they are ready for day to day home living. There are also enough colour accents in the collection that they can be used to accessorise a large number of interior design schemes.

What more can readers expect in the near future?

I hope to continue creating my soft furnishings collection to add fun, style and interest to our homes.

Having said that ‘Mama Celesse – Sensual With Hat’ is also available as a print. The limited edition, one copy only, Giclee Print (frame size 31cm X 31cm) has been chosen for display in this year’s Open Art Exhibition, in Leicester, UK from the 15th October until the end of the month including ‘Mama Celesse – Ready To Party’ and ‘Mama Celesse – At Jazz Party’.

I’m also in the final stages of retouching my interior design manuscript. It has been a long journey, but you’ll see it released in 2016!

Finally, thanks to all our readers, oh and by the way ‘Mama Celesse’ says, “Have a good day everybody”.


COLLECTION


MAMA CELESSE SENSUAL WITH HAT

MAMA CELESSE BEAUTIFUL FACE

Article credit: Dunia Magazine (clink to read the article via Dunia Magazine


MAMA CELESSE PROMO VIDEO 2


MAMA CELESSE PROMO VIDEO 1

YOURS TO OWN: MAMA CELESSE CUSHION COVER (CLICK TO ORDER)

YOURS TO OWN: MAMA CELESSE ARTWORK PRINT (CLICK TO ORDER)

INTERIOR DESIGN 'MAMA CELESSE' CUSHION COVER Malay Translation:

Kepada pembaca yang budiman...

Ini adalah bulan yang paling menyeronok kan... Saya mengeluarkan koleksi sarong kusyen saya yang pertama dan cuba teka? Dunia Magazine, yang selalu baik kepada saya, adalah yang pertaman mengeluarkan rencana mengenai koleksi Mama Celesse.

Ini lah rencana yang di petik dari majalah nya. Selamat menbaca.

Noktah: Rencana ini tidak di alih bahasa. Harap maaaf.

You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment